16 September, 2013

Rotary Club of Southside Corpus Christi official send-off

Last Wednesday (9/11) I talked with the Rotary Club of Southside Corpus Christi, my sponsor club.


It was quite different from my talk to the Rotary Club of Corpus Christi the previous week. For one thing, my first talk was more a brief introduction to my year abroad. My second talk, however, was an in depth look (but not quite dissection) of my proposed work and the community of Coventry, UK.

I like that each club has a different ambiance, or atmosphere, or feel of the people, if you will. Attending different meetings seems to be an easy way to experience the variety within the membership.

After I talked to the Southside club about what I plan to accomplish this next year in Coventry, I was met with warm smiles, heart-felt wishes, invaluable advice, and an overwhelming feeling of support. Support for my academic desires, personal & professional pursuits. My mentor Dr. Miguel Moreno even attended. We were also interviewed by a local news station. I didn't catch our coverage later that evening, but I'm sure it was perfectly representative of our focus and purpose.

And now for the time I've been waiting for all year.... I finally get to be excited about my adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment